Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Updated May 19, 2020
The Fine Arts Center is currently closed to the public. We will provide updates here as they become available.
Colorado College and the FAC continue to closely monitor developments in the outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel coronavirus (COVID-19). A multi-disciplinary COVID-19 Emergency Response Team is meeting regularly to assess the situation. We are following guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and working closely with the local department of public health on updates.
FAC staff are available for assistance via phone and email Monday–Friday, 9–5 p.m.
As you might expect, we’re experiencing a high volume of calls as a result of this announcement. We greatly appreciate your patience as our staff manages these unexpected changes.
Phone: (719) 634-5583, Email: email@example.com
WE’RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
We believe the arts are an integral part of a vibrant and resilient community—inspiring us, challenging us, and bringing us together in difficult times. Find information about how to experience the arts from home, support your community, and more
The FAC closure has affected the following:
- 4/4: Member Tour canceled
is currently closed
- The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane: all remaining performances suspended until further notice
- Silent Sky: all existing performances canceled with plans to reschedule for next season
- Men On Boats: all performances canceled
- The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee: all existing performances canceled with plans to reschedule for next season
- Lonely Planet: all existing performances canceled with plans to reschedule for next season
Messages have been sent out to ticket holders of all affected performances. By default, if preference wasn’t submitted by the deadline provided, tickets have been exchanged for account credit to be used towards a future FAC theatre production. If you would prefer to donate your tickets, or discuss other options, please contact the Box Office at (719) 634-5583.
- 4/5: Youth Rep auditions have been canceled with plans to reschedule at a later date
- Adult Women’s Dance Class: currently suspended, with plans to reschedule
- Spring Emerging Artists will resume in the fall: Sept. 26-Nov. 7
- Bemis School of Art programming (affected registrants will be notified)
- All tours have been cancelled until further notice.
- Tour Leader meetings and Gallery Walks have been canceled
If you are registered for an affected Bemis class, you will be contacted directly with options. To expedite your request, please complete the form below:
In order to prevent the spread of illness in our community, the CDC recommends:
- Stay home when you are sick with respiratory disease symptoms. At the present time, these symptoms are more likely due to influenza or other respiratory viruses than to COVID-19-related virus.
- Follow respiratory etiquette: Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then dispose of it in the trash can immediately. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Hand hygiene: Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol.
If you have traveled to an area in which there is a coronavirus outbreak within the last 14 days AND feel sick with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, you should:
- Seek medical care right away. Before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
- Avoid contact with others.