Tour Leader Informational Meeting
May 8, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
One event on May 29, 2019 at 12:00 pm
Interested in volunteering at the FAC as a Tour Leader? Join us for coffee to learn more!
Informational Coffee for potential Tour Leaders
- Wednesday, May 8 5:00-6:00 p.m. in Deco Lounge
- Wednesday, May 29 12:00-1:00 p.m. in Deco Lounge
RSVP to email@example.com
The Fine Arts Center is looking for volunteers for our Gallery Tours Program! Tour Leaders are a positive force in the museum, leading audience-centered tours primarily for students in grades K-12. Our tours encourage students’ exploration and curiosity through interactive touring. As a Tour Leader you will join a community of passionate volunteers who relish collaborative educational opportunities, such as learning the most up-to-date touring techniques and group management skills to support discussion and inquiry-based tours.
Our program is designed to allow flexibility for our volunteers, beginning with training sessions followed by a period of active touring where newer Tour Leaders are paired with more experienced Tour Leaders. Some of the many benefits of volunteering at the Fine Arts Center include, private gallery walks with curators and artists, as well as a free membership to the museum after meeting certain requirements.
- Visual Arts
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- We ask that our volunteers commit to touring a minimum of 25 tours per year, which equates to approximately 3 two-hour tours per month, as well as 3-4 hours of professional development each month.
- Growth mindset, open to feedback and continuous learning, flexibility, willing to work with all learner types, levels, and special needs, basic computer competence, active listener, team-oriented, comfort leading groups at any age, can think on feet
Training will begin in June and run weekly through early August. For more info, email Meg Robbins, call 719-477-4392, or attend the informational coffee.