The Fine Arts Center offers an innovative program of arts education development programs to regional educators. Using creative pedagogies to contribute to the arc of arts education in the K-12 system in Colorado Springs with community-based and experiential learning, teachers can use these opportunities to meet continuing education requirements.
Kennedy Center Partners in Education
Two Partnership teams in Colorado Springs, the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College and School District 11, along with UCCS Presents: The Ent Center for the Arts and Academy District 20, are among the seven teams nationwide selected to join the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts’ Partners in Education, a program designed to assist arts organizations throughout the nation to develop or expand education partnerships with their local school systems. A primary focus of these partnerships is to provide sustainable and robust arts-based professional development for teachers.
Our three year plan to support Arts Integration (AI) in Colorado Springs Schools includes:
- Conducting AI workshops and reflection sessions over the course of the school year
- One each semester delivered by Kennedy Center Teaching Artists
- Working with specific partner schools in each district to embed AI into their classrooms across all disciplines.
- This will allow us to designate specific schools of models of quality AI for other educators to learn from
- Develop teaching artists in Colorado Springs to deliver workshops based on the Kennedy Center model, thus promoting local artists and educator collaborations
- Broaden the base of educators able to take workshops each year, so that as we expand AI as a pedagogy, we have excellent models to support additional programs.