Cheers to 100 Years! A First Friday Event
May 3 @ 5:00 pm
Join us for a special 100th anniversary themed First Friday Art Party at the FAC from 5-7:30 p.m. Signature events and happenings include:
- Exhibit by local artist Andrea Schumacher whose work combines abstraction, craft, and narrative.
- Launch of Kirsten Akens’ new book, “100 Things to Do in Colorado Springs Before You Die.” Attend this event and you will get to check off two of her recommended “100 Things!”
- Enjoy live music by Jaquie Gipson, a cash bar with anniversary themed cocktails, dining options, a 100th anniversary gift basket giveaway, art demonstrations, and more!
Hop on the free First Friday Shuttle Bus provided by COPPeR to see:
- Bemis School of Art instructors painting en plein air at select locations Downtown and in Old Colorado City.
- Sneak peek display of “Vicarious,” by Etainia Dagda. “Vicarious” was showcased in 2017 at World of WearableArt ™ (WOW), New Zealand’s largest arts show. WOW is an international design competition that celebrates the intersection of fashion and art. Etainia lives in New Zealand but hails from Colorado Springs and is a Palmer High School and UCCS alum! Exhibit opens June 22.