World of WearableArt™ Media
The World of WearableArt™ International Touring Exhibition showcases 32 award-winning garments from the annual World of WearableArt™ Awards Show, held in New Zealand.
Each year, World of WearableArt™ invites designers to create the unimaginable, to challenge the conventional, and defy creative expectations as they make works of art that will be brought to life on a global stage.
One of New Zealand’s cultural success stories for 30 years, the World of WearableArt™ Touring Exhibition is running from June 22-Sept. 22 at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College.
Featured images: Inkling, Gillian Saunders, New Zealand. Hermecea, Jan Kerr, New Zealand. Mantilla, Fenella Fenton and Jeff Thomson, New Zealand. Photo credit: World of WearableArt™ Ltd
TIPS: Please note the correct spelling of World of WearableArt™
- The ™ symbol follows WearableArt™
- WearableArt™ is all one word
- WOW® – To be used as an abbreviation for World of WearableArt™
- The ® symbol follows WOW®
- There is no ‘s’ on Art
- Photo credit should follow this nomenclature: Garment name, Designer, Country. Photo credit: World of WearableArt™.
- (i.e. The Isobra, Janice Elliott, New Zealand. Photo credit: World of WearableArt™)
- Visit Fine Arts Center’s World of WearableArt™ webpage
- Tickets available online here or by calling (719) 634-5583
- Please hashtag us: #WOWFAC, #FAC and #FAC100.
- Please tag the Fine Arts Center for likes, reposts and shares. @FineArtsCenter on Twitter and Instagram and @CSFineArtsCenter on Facebook.
- Please tag World of WearableArt™ for likes, reposts and shares. @worldofwearableart #worldofwearableart
Don’t miss Sashay!
Join us for Sashay, a runway show of garments featuring unique wearable art pieces to celebrate the World of WearableArt™ International Touring Exhibition. Information and tickets
Amy Triandiflou (719) 352-5394 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This exhibition is organized by the World of WearableArt™, Ltd.
Developed in partnership with the New Zealand Government
Vicarious by Etainia Dagda 2017 World of WearableArt™ finalist
Etainia Dagda (nee Jacqueline Wright) was born in Colorado Springs and graduated Palmer High School Class of ’96 before attending UCCS. Currently residing in New Zealand, she loves experimenting with new materials and finds inspiration in the beautiful natural worlds of Colorado and New Zealand. Vicarious, is one of two garments by the artist that have been selected to participate in the internationally renowned World of WearableArt™ competition.
Vicarious is not part of the World of WearableArt™ exhibition but will be showcased at Sashay, the FAC’s fashion runway show, on June 22. Tickets
Photo courtesy: World of WearableArt™ Ltd
|June 22||Fine Arts Center Sashay event|
|June 24-July 17||Colorado Springs Airport|
|July 17-July 24||Bella Art & Frame, Monument|
|July 24-Aug. 1||CVB|
|Aug. 1-9||Library 21C|
|Aug. 9-21||Sand Creek Library|
|Aug. 21-Sept. 3||Ent Center for the Arts|
|Sept. 3-6||Palmer High School|
|Sept. 10-20||Pikes Peak Community College|
*NOTE: This schedule is subject to change based on venue happenings.